Skip to main navigation Skip to main content Skip to page footer



I got my degree and I want to continue my studies or work

You can renew your residence permit for postgraduate studies or for a doctoral degree. The duration of the leave you will receive is increased by half of the total duration of the indicative study program of your School.

If you want to look for a job or set up a business after receiving your degree, you can obtain a residence permit for this reason lasting one (1) year.

You can apply for a residence permit for work or start a business within a period of at least thirty (30) days before the expiration of your student residence permit by submitting the necessary supporting documents which, if they are not available before the expiration of your residence permit, you are given the opportunity to submit within a period of two (2) months.

After at least three (3) months from the issuance of the residence permit for work or setting up a business, you must prove to the competent agency that you have a real chance of being hired or setting up a business and that the job you are looking for or the business you are going to set up corresponds to the level of studies you have completed.